Friday 11 March 2016

#SouthAfrica The Three Tenners Part 2 - we are off!

A while back I outlined our planned trip to South Africa. The time has now arrived. We are off. (myself and two brothers - Rob and Mike).We fly into Johannesburg on Sunday morning and have hired a car for 3 weeks.

We spend 3 nights in Johannesburg at Birches Backpackers Hostel and I have arranged two tours. One tour is to Pretoria - the capital city of South Africa and then back to the township of Soweto on the outskirts of Jo'burg. The second tour is a visit to the Pilanesberg Game Reserve.


Thereafter we have 4 nights in the Northern part of the Drakensberg mountains followed by a day visit to the kingdom of Lesotho (which I am sure will not be enough!) We then have a short stay in Durban in the area of KwaZulu Natal before driving progressively and slowly down the coast via Port Elizabeth and eventually to Cape Town. On the way we will stay in several lodges and hostels located in a chain of National Parks all of which for different reasons have been described as beautiful. We plan to be hiking, bike riding, swimming and even horse riding as well as visiting local villages and getting a flavour of the real South Africa. We will spend 5 days in Cape Town with the grand finale being getting to the end of Africa at the Cape and topping Table Mountain before flying back to the UK.

As usual with my travels I will try and write a  blog as I go based on what I see and learn and with as much focus on life in South Africa, the people, their history and its predicted future as I can cram in.

No comments:

Post a Comment