Thursday 2 June 2016

#Glastonbury age is mainly in the mind (he hopes) - ha!

In less than 3 weeks I go to my first Glastonbury. I am going with 5 other guys - 2 I have known for more than 55 years - right back to primary school. The others I have known for probably 40 years. Unbelievably we are sharing a six man tent - arrive early Wednesday morning - leave sometime on the following Monday.

For practical reasons I couldn't attend the pre expedition meeting so I was sent the very helpful list below by my mate Crabbers. (as Shackleton leading an expedition to the Antarctic) I thought I would share it with you. There are several stand out items - wet wipes and toilet paper of course, comfort bottle to wee in (6 old blokes in a small tent - careful aim ), some tea bags and biscuits (for an early morning cuppa) and 60 litres of cider! (well - I suppose it is only 20 pints of warm gut rot each!) - and of course some socks and pants (I might have forgotten those!)

The final line ups have been published. Many of the bands I have seen before on the IOW - most of the artists I don't know - so I am going to work through You Tube and take advice from my daughter and youngest son. Ones immediately on my list are Editors (S listen to Munich) , ZZ Top, ELO, Foals, Tame Impala and Underworld and of course Cold Play (they might be a bit cheesy for some but I have seen them twice before and they have been great). I have tried to like Muse but continually struggle despite their high reputation.

Anyway all good stuff - I know it will be a massive laugh - bop around to you drop - who cares - I really don't.






No comments:

Post a Comment