Wednesday 14 October 2015

#People

This original thought came to me today. I thought I would share it.

There are 4 types of people in the world.

1) Hard on the outside and a hard heart.

2) Hard on the outside but with a soft heart.

3) Soft on the outside but with a hard heart.

4) Soft on the outside and with a soft heart.

What is in the heart is clearly much more important because it ultimately defines the person you really are. Outwardly perhaps it is more a shell only - a persona either unknowingly or deliberately created to compete or for self preservation maybe.

Broadly I think we as individuals naturally fall into one of these categories - but I also think it is highly likely that life's knocks (nurture) can harden people up although it may also be possible that it can soften the heart too. I think it is quite evident people with a hard heart do try to soften their apparent exterior for their own ends. Similarly some people act tough when they are not

I think it would be meaningful for everyone to do a self analysis and understand which is you and also very useful to think about the type of person you are dealing with - for all sorts of reasons. It is often a case of peeling back the onion rings. I would suggest if you have a hard heart you will never be deep down happy - can you do something about it - I don't know.

For the purposes of definition I would sum up :-

1) with the potential to be cruel and uncaring.

2) likely to create negatives but potential to be endearing and is compassionate.

3) likely to be endearing but with the potential to be manipulative and self serving.

4) nice maybe too nice - potentially gullible and misused.

No comments:

Post a Comment