Thursday 1 December 2016

3 weeks of foodie pleasure

I am at the end of my trip to Thailand and short stopovers in Malaysia and Singapore. I have ate mostly local food and a lot of street food.

As I have a bit of time to kill before my flight I am putting together this blog for amusement. Where ever I travel I try and learn the names of dishes. I never remember them but I have taken pictures as below.

I am in love with Thai food. In the main it is so light and subtle - herbs and spicing are so fresh and seafood is so cheap. I must have ate half a dozen squid in total! (it is so much better on small little plates too instead of the great chargers we use at home - a good lesson to utilise - oh and chop sticks  makes meals last longer - ha!)

I have also ate a lot of Chinese dishes that have a massive influence in Malaysia and Singapore. Great food of course - wonderful at times - but I think relatively heavy compared to Thai magic in the wok.

I am thinking back to South Africa earlier in the year - great slabs of beef - and to India before that. Indian food might even shade Thai food for me. So easy to be a vegetarian in India - the wonderful subtle aromatic spicing. I am getting carried away - it will soon be winter fish and chips! UK here I come. The upside - wonderful Real ale - no more gasy lager. There is always a bright side!



































No comments:

Post a Comment