Friday 22 September 2023

Improvingourlife with Nation radio

I am mega behind with my blogs but it has been a busy time.

This is just a quick one prompted by Nation radio.

Years ago I read an article or perhaps it was my daughter who consolidated a thought in my mind - a coping strategy - a life enhancer - ha!

It is very simple. The idea is you try and do something every day - however small - to enhance your life going forward.

The sort of thing - sort out that app that is not working - review your spice rack - sort out how you store your socks etc etc

Small things - reoccurring things can be a pain - create negativity - you never get round to dealing with them even though they would probably not take very long to do. 

Well gradually knock them off - one a day. It doesn't have to be prescriptive - but it works. It works because there is an immediate positive from sorting whatever it was that was niggling you - a satisfaction - a smile and of course the irritant has gone going forward.

However care - I suspect we will never get to the state where all the low level niggles and irritants are removed from our existence - especially as they tend to go out at one end and come in another. I have a new one - self inflicted. I bought something wrong from the builders merchants. I need to take it back. I have to find the receipt - hopefully I will have it somewhere! And then it will be a pain going back to change it - a niggle until I sort it. I shall do it today as it has been hanging around for nearly 2 weeks!

But this is one side of the coin - sorting negatives. Perhaps as valuable - more valuable is introducing new positives to your life - however small.

Recently I found a new granola and I love it - ha!

But what prompted me to write this was finding Nation Radio. It is a commercial radio station based somewhere on the south. I found it twiddling the knobs on my car radio as our local radio station was sounding so repetitive. I love music in the car - on long journeys listen to my Spotify - but short journeys radio is easier. Without sounding like Victor Meldrew I don't really want to be listening to DJ's prattling on. I don't like rap. Nation radio specializes in 70s/80 and 90's. music. The reception is excellent and the DJ's do not seem to think they are more important than the music. The only downside is the adverts. I play a game - I turn the volume down when they start and up when I think they will have ended. Like chicken. I am getting better at it. But the music is great. They come up with some great stuff - tracks I haven't heard for a longtime. Finding Nation Radio has been a real positive - life enhancing sing alongs in the car even though I don't know many of the words - ha ha! Just a thought. xx

Ps so back blogging - some heavy political stuff in the pipeline!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment