Friday 22 September 2023

#womeninmenssport - (warning this posting could cause offence !) For discussion !!!!

I just came across this comment below in response to a headline about the BBC's Football Focus viewing figures.

I hasten to add it is not my comment.

Why am I posting it ?

I think because I am so conflicted by it.

As the writer says many will not like it - refuse to accept it - call it sexist or misogynistic. It certainly isn't a progressive view.

Maybe responses will change over time - but for the time being I think the writers explanation and conclusion is a stark reality and men are quietly voting with their feet so to speak.

The BBC are very concerned because Football Focus, a programme that has run for 49 years has recently lost a third of its viewers since long running and very popular host Dan Walker left the programme to be replaced by Alex Scott.

The Beeb are coming up with all sorts of theories as to why this has happened but of course they attach no blame to Scott.
I can save them a lot of money and soul searching and can categorically give them the answer and that is.
Men do not like being lectured about football by women!
You may not like it, refuse to accept it, call it sexist or whatever you like but its true, and the comment was passed by my wife who had a season ticket at Hillsborough with me and our sons, for years, so she knows her football.
The answer is very simple, remove all men from women's sport programmes and give them all the jobs commentating,pundits on women's football,rugby,golf,cricket and leave men's football etc to male commentators, pundits etc.
The BBC wouldn't do it but I suggest any sports channel who wants to increase their viewing figures and therefore advertising, should follow my suggestion, I'm sure it would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment