Friday 17 April 2015

#Everest Base Camp Trek via Gokyo Valley - PART 2

I posted PART 1 on 12/10/14 below. It set out what I planned to do. It was my intention to write a full blog of my experiences now I have done it. I have just realised today when I am trying to tidy up my blog site before I head off for another trip - horror of horrors - I have not written or posted it! This is incredible as it was such a memorable and worthwhile trek.

I do not have the time to write the account now - I shall have to do it some time later. Suffice to say I did everything I set out to do. The trek was hard - very hard at times - particularly Gokyo Ri, The Chola Pass and particularly Kala Pattar to see sun rise on Everest. I loved Nepal too - mad Kathmandu and the travel down to Chitwan. I will describe it later. For now just a few photographs.
On the way up


The Hilary bridge

First view of Everest
Gokyo Lakes


Proud moment on the top of Gokyo Ri



Magical - sunset on Everest from the top of Gokyo Ri. Privileged to see it.

Top of the Chola Pass - what a moment.
Getting down from the highest point of the Chola Pass


So weary - so slippery off Chola - Everest we are coming.


Everest Base Camp


The way up Everest - not the climbing season now.


The hardest and best bit. Top of  Kala Pathar to see the sun come up on Everest - a joyful tearful moment. A real test for an old man !

On the way down - the colours are real.

Hilary Bridge on the way down.


Finished at Lukla. Amazing.


Chitwan National Park in the south of Nepal


A working elephant at Chitwan




3 comments:

  1. Everest Base Camp Trek is a world famous challenging lifetime adventure trek in Khumbu Region, Nepal. Hiking through the most rugged and fascinating trails of Nepal Himalayas, Everest Base Camp Trekking is a mystical journey more than just a trek. Hiking along the legendary route exploring beautiful forests, Sherpa villages, glacier moraines and foothills of high Himalayas.

    Everest Base Camp Trekking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everest Base Camp Trek starting from INR 35000. Get quotes from multiple operators for your requirements. Compare easily and book your trek from any operator on Mojhi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing blog, the pictures speak for the beautiful experience you had along the trail. For similar experience, please follow Mountain Trails !

    ReplyDelete