Sunday 15 June 2014

15/06/2014 Every day as if it is your last!

It is Sunday morning. I have survived two full days and nights at the brilliant IOW Festival - Red Hot Chilli Peppers last night - Kings of Leon tonight the last night.

I woke up in my own bed this morning - unlike the thousands of campers on site who woke up in a little tent. I have used a clean and comfortable bathroom and had a lovely shower and cup of coffee. The hardcore festival goer will have made their way to a porta loo, had a wash down with a wet wipe and maybe a warm can of beer.

Thankfully I have a clear head this morning and am feeling pretty vital. Many festival goers will have been partying all night and be hungover or at least highly jaded.

So I am feeling pretty smug.

But am I?

Haven't I really missed out on the true festival experience - not really part of the collective of being knackered and partied out in a Lands End to John O Groats sort of way.

I haven't lived each Festival day as if it was my last. Shame on me - or well done for exercising some sense and control - ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment