Monday 23 June 2014

How to really enjoy your food

So many recipes - so many cooking techniques - so many ingredients - so many food outlets - but how do you really enjoy your food?

A simple technique. Here it is.

EAT WHEN YOU ARE HUNGRY - BETTER STILL EAT WHEN YOU ARE RAVENOUS

I must remember this for the next Christmas dinner. All the effort that goes into planning it, sourcing it, cooking it, presenting it - but do I ever really really enjoy it? The honest answer is probably not as much as I hoped.

I know the reason - a special light breakfast -a glass of bucks fizz - preparing lunch - picking, tasting - a bit of this - one or two nice drinks - a few nuts - I will sample the turkey - taste the stuffing!

The big moment - I am not really hungry - certainly not ravenous.

Thinking about it - are you ever hungry over the christmas period? Do we really enjoy all the lovely goodies in the way we expect?

Time to try a new approach - but do I have the will power to listen to my own good advice ?!!


No comments:

Post a Comment