Friday 8 August 2014

Running update

Just finished my first week on the half marathon training programme. It consisted of running on 4 days with the main run of 3 miles today. In fact all my runs have been 3 miles and have improved my time from 29.42 to 27.03. This shows me I can do 9 minute miles. Simple maths 9 x 13.1 miles = 117.9 minutes - so a half marathon in less than two hours is feasible. This is my target as I have stated. I now have to build up the miles without my pace dropping off. This will not be easy and will be a big draw on my time and energy levels. About 6 months ago I put my name down for squash leagues and forgot about it. They have just contacted me - I am in - starting in a fortnight. This is good news because I have really missed authentic squash competition but I know while running will build stamina, it will not help my squash much because it is likely it will blunt any speed I might still have left! So a problem - but one I will have to juggle because I want to do both.

No comments:

Post a Comment