Monday 8 September 2014

Squash league - last night's match

Played my second league match tonight in the big comeback - ha!

Almost a carbon copy of the week before - another 3 - 2 win after going 2 love up.

The guy was a better player than last week and warmed up well. However I played good squash - not over hitting and he made mistakes.

However the same thing happened - I needed to step it up in the 3rd but I was stuck in the same gear. He got stuck in and the 4th went his way too.

I knew I had worked him pretty hard and I felt ok. I needed to be more competitive - hit it harder. As it turned out things went my way - some decent rallies and I played some decent drop shots. The pressure he felt led to mistakes and cheap points for me.

I have to be pleased. The chap I played was a solicitor - so no dunce. He knew my son from school and was a year younger - so not bad as I must be giving him 30 years.

All in all very satisfying and really enjoyable. At the moment it feels worth the effort even if the aches are starting already!


No comments:

Post a Comment